So Ryan and I are blessed enough to live within 20 minutes of both of our families. This has been an amazing blessing for us - we are so grateful for the love and support of our family members, and they're great about respecting the fact that we're our own family, too. One of the best parts is that we get to go to one of our families for Sunday dinner every week - which is a lot of fun and gives us a chance to relax and enjoy being together.
This week, though, Ryan had to stay late at church for tithing settlement - and so I got to make Sunday dinner! It was a lot of fun planning the meal myself. I used my crock pot and made chicken stroganoff. Aside from the fact that it turned out a tad too salty (I put in too much soup mix) it was very delicious, and we had a great Sunday dinner at home together - with Christmas music playing and Christmas lights on, of course :)
Recipe: Chicken Stroganoff
6 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
16 oz sour cream
1 pkg dry onion soup mix (in the future, I'll probably only use about 2/3 pkg just to cut down on the salt.)
Put the chicken breasts in the crock pot. Mix the soup, sour cream, and soup mix together and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 4.5 - 5 hours. Shred chicken and serve over cooked egg noodles.
Happy Sunday!
Christmas lights and music? haha you would ;) love ya!
ReplyDelete