Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Long Weekend

So Ryan and I got really excited last Thursday about the weekend. We decided to go up to Salt Lake City on Saturday and go to the temple, Liberty Park, Gateway - the works - just to be off together somewhere. That is, until we saw the weather forecast - rain all day Saturday. So we had to make other plans. Friday night we went out to SubZero with Bruce, Rachel, Hailey, McKayla, Scott, and Lisa. There were some salespeople outside trying to get people to sign up for Wing Cash - some smartphone "cash" payment app. So even though we don't have smartphones, we all signed up and got our ice cream for free.

 Saturday was the first day Ryan and I spent all day together, just the two of us, working at our apartment. We spent some time cleaning and organizing and then went shopping for curtains and soap dishes and picture hangers. We finally are almost all moved in and unpacked in our new apartment - and it's starting to look like a home.
Our kitchen - I'm planning to make a green valance for the window.
Our bathroom - I love our shower curtain and the fact that we have enough space for both of us to use the mirror at once :)
Our entertainment center - it used to be Bruce and Rachel's, but they let us have it when they moved. Our TV just BARELY fits - literally a sixteenth of an inch on either side. The TV, picture of Christ, and plaque were all wedding gifts.

































On Sunday, I was sustained to my new calling - compassionate service committee. Then we headed out for Sunday dinner at Scott and Lisa's to celebrate my birthday and Jerry's birthday. It was fun spending time with Tana and Jerry and their kids, and Ryan and I got our thank you cards delivered, too. We played Rollick, a really fun backwards charades game in which I performed a one-time non-repeatable role as a scottish dancer, and we learned that Tana is unfamiliar with the term "jelly."

Monday morning Ryan had to work - but we pushed it off as long as possible by watching the Wizards of Waverly Place movie on the love sack with pineapple smoothies (see the recipe tab for ingredients!) Then he went to work and I visited my mom until three, when we met up at Scott and Lisa's again for a barbeque. We ate, visited with Lisa's parents, lost horrendously at Corn Hole, and set up Scott and Lisa's pool in their backyard.

Ryan and I are lucky to have our family so close while we're going to school. At the end of July, Bruce and Rachel will head off to Texas for Bruce's new job with E&Y, but we'll still have our parents, some of our grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and in October, Ryan's younger brother will be back from his mission. We love getting to spend time with our family, but also love putting down our own roots and spending time together establishing our own traditions. We really are blessed to have the best of both worlds for our first few years of marriage!

2 comments:

  1. And P.S. Blogger has the WORST photo formatting... that is NOT how it looked in draft mode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so cute! I love how you decorated the place!

    ReplyDelete